I began my October 2017 at the 30th Annual AICP National Conference in Seattle, Washington. This conference is always my favorite, and it did not disappoint this year! Some of my favorite parts included:
- Delicious chicken parm dinner at Palomino, the Italian restaurant across the street from the hotel.
- Meeting with fellow chapter officers at the chapter officer training and hearing from AICP leadership about their plans for the year.
- Giving out our CCS cows with “Seattle raincoats,” aka our yellow eye glass cleaners, and meeting so many conference attendees.
- Hearing different perspectives on health care reform from commissioners from WA, WI, and ID during the View from the Top, Life Annuity and Health session.
- The fact that the View from the Top session was held on the top floor of the hotel with amazing views!
- The beautiful tribute to Rick Guggolz, former AICP Executive Director, who passed away unexpectedly this year.
- Amazing views of the city from the Puget Sound aboard the Spirit of Seattle ship during the multi-chapter event.
- Presenting with Hazel Delane of Milliman, Inc. on Combination Products.
This list could go on and on, the AICP Conference is always jam packed! Now that I have returned to the east coast, I also have a newfound appreciation for our Executive VP and COO, Machael Heise, who travels coast-to-coast every month. Jet lag is for real! As is the AICP National Conference. Next year’s conference is scheduled for September 23-26 in Nashville, Tennessee, mark it on your calendar!